Global situation and economic pressures have compelled women out of their homes to participate in income earning activities to supplement earnings of male members to make both ends meet.This phenomena has exposed women to new hazards which need to be addressed. She is faced with multiple problems and conflicting demands of both roles – work and family. To cope with these challenges she needs awareness, proper information, guidance, technical skills, training support as well as counselling for better performance. Poverty has also deprived a vast majority of women (especially in rural areas and in urban slums )access to basic social services and income generating means or marketing channels, if they somehow manage to work they face middlemen exploitation. WWWT is an organisation striving for the betterment and welfare of working women, for safe and conducive working environment and for her every right within the constitutional, legal and religious boundaries.
Our Vision is
WWWT envisages the accomplished,self reliant prosperous working woman, who would stand out as an asset to their families and society.
Taking appropriate measures we are striving to equip working women with value based knowledge, technical skills and awareness about their legal,economic, social rights and responsibilities;developing competence and character.
WWWT also aims to acquire honourable,secure and congenial working environment for women as well as promote and propose policies and strategies to ease competing pressures of work and family life, enabling working women to manage both fronts, ultimately benefiting society as a whole.
Our objectives are:
- To impart value based knowledge, technical skills, trainings, counselling and guidance to working women developing competence and character.
- To give awareness about their rights and obligations.
- To strive for the attainment of secure and conducive working environment & better work conditions through advocacy.
- To sensitize key officials,civil society & media by identifying problems & challenges faced by female workers, and to address these issues with effective enactments/ legislation.
- To initiate proposals aimed at the enhancement of their professional status as well as ease their workload.
- To undertake projects providing income generating opportunities to poor women at their doorsteps in rural areas and Katchi Abadis to help alleviate poverty and save them from middlemen exploitation & beggary