Problems of Working Women
- Shift Work
- Work Overload Balancing job & family obligations
- Lack of Separate Toilets and Prayer Room
- Lack of facilitation to ease their workload
- Poor physical working environment
- Unjust & un favorable working conditions
- Harassment, gender discrimination and exploitation by men
- Transport problems
- Stressors at workplace & home leading to health problems
- Insufficient legal support system to solve work related problems concerning female workers
- Safety & security issues
- Lack of Child Day Care Facilities
Problems of Rural Working Women
- Mobility problems
- Exploitation by middlemen
- Unfamiliarity with Modern Trends
- Lack of Proper Exhibition/display & access to marketing of their Work
- Lack of access to skills/ technical training facilities
- Lack of any legal support
Under its Advocacy program Working Women Welfare Trust has set up a task group comprising experts and working women from different fields to discuss the problems of working women and their solutions. Some issues that have been discussed in various task group meetings include:
- Job impact on the mental and physical health of working women
- Provision of on-site Day Care centers for working mothers
- Flexible working hours
- Provision of safe and convenient transport for working women
- Problems of female sales and marketing staff
Under the current local and global conditions the economic pressures are increasing and women are compelled to come out from their homes to play active role in the income generating activities for their families.
The areas of women professionals is increasing and demanding more and more participation from them. This phenomenon has exposed women to new hazards. At one hand their social and intellectual level has changed and on the other hand their problems such as health, stress, security, time management and skills development has become manifold.
The current project is aimed at to hold different advocacy sessions with media, legislators and administrators. Key officials and NGOs’ workers to identify and propagate for legislation on different issues facing by working women in Pakistan.
- To sensitize key officials and media about the challenges facing by working women.
2. To empower the working women by providing them a plate form of collaborated efforts.
3. To explain the importance of Paradigm of development & its needs.
4. To proceed the real and strategic changes in the system for welfare of female workforce in ruler & urban areas.
1. To sensitize key officials and media about the challenges facing by working women.
2.Thought sharing & compile recommendation for the real & broad spectrum of development.
3.To empower the working women by providing them a plate form of collaborated efforts.
4. To lobby and propagate for legislation about problems of female workers and professionals.
5. To proceed the real and strategic changes in the system for welfare of female workforce.
Task Group Members
The monthly budget of Advocacy sessions is Rs. 35000 per month. The program focuses on addressing key problems faced by working women every day and comes up with possible solutions.